Saturday, 23 July 2011

Workout Day One

I was looking forward to this - nervously, I might add. I picked a Saturday night for my first go, which proved a good move as the place was very quiet.

I wasn't sure how I would cope with my program because I've got no experience of doing exercise to weights or times or distances or anything like that. I would get on a bike and go somewhere and back again, or I would play a game of football.

Bike was up first, started ok but when the resistance started increasing I found I was struggling, so I just kept it to a level I felt comfortable with. About three quarters of the way through I oddly felt a bit stronger so managed to increase it a bit more, and did the rest of my 4km.

Then all the strength stuff which I coped quite well with. I struggled with the chest incline a bit - I was doing reps of 15kg and for the third set I had to reduce it to 10 because I just felt a bit too weak on the left.

Plodded on through until my abs exercises. These were three sets of 20 reps on a machine, then three sets of 20 reps on a wellness ball, then three sets of 20 reps just on a mat normally.

By the last exercise... I literally could not do it! I couldn't lift up at all. But, I figure after doing 120 crunches that's not the end of the world and I will get stronger.

The running though...

That's what worried me most and it was justified. After very few minutes I just couldn't do it anymore. There's 2k on my program but there's no way I can get there just yet, and this really disheartened me until I heard a few stories from others.

Basically I just felt tired and achey all over, and my 'wobbly bits' (including two rather large wobbly girly bits) just felt like lead, adding to the ache. I walked a bit, ran a bit more, then gave up and went home.

Not a complete loss, but I wish I could've done a bit better.

It's a start though, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment